Its main function is to create bills which become federal law if the President signs them, though it has other purposes as well.
The US government is divided into three main parts: Congress is the legislative branch, with the other two being the executive (the Presidential administration, a.k.a. The White House) and the judicial.
- 108th US Congress
- 109th US Congress
- 110th US Congress: 2006-2008, Bush-Cheney administration (mostly)
- 111th US Congress: 2009-2010, Obama-Biden administration
- 112th US Congress: 2011-2012, Obama-Biden administration
- 113th US Congress: 2013-2014, Obama-Biden administration
SourceWatch: no article on Congress in general (as of 2009-09-02); articles on specific sessions. sourcewatch:Congress currently redirects to an outdated article about the 110th.
- MAPLight.org: project devoted to tracing the influence of money in politics; covers US Congress, but seems to be trying to expand into more local government as resources permit