We endorse (formerly-suspended G+ user and former Google employee) Skud's Suspended Google+ Accounts survey; if you have been suspended for a names-policy violation, go there and add your information. (The information here on Issuepedia comes from other sources; that survey has not yet been included.) Skud's form is confidential and does allow you to choose how much of your information to release publicly. Preliminary results (using only information that users were willing to release publicly):
- spreadsheet (scroll down or over to see results -- "notes" column takes up a lot of vertical space)
- 2011-07-25 Preliminary results of my survey of suspended Google+ accounts
Users Currently Suspended
The information available to us indicates that these users are still suspended. These are gleaned from public sources I happened to come across, so it is far from complete.
If you are not on this list, feel free to add it (see Help:Contents for how to create an account, and use the discussion page if you don't want to mess with table formatting) -- but you might want to add it to Skud's survey first (see above).
|Online Name||Legal Name||Where Used||When suspended||Sources|
|Doctor Popular||well-known DJ|| Trapped in the Googlehole.
||Well, this policy made me realize who I am....|
|Other users named CZ have not been banned: cz bai, CZ liu|
|GrrlScientist||many places||~2011-07-18||Google's gormless 'no pseudonym' policy|
|Identity Woman||Kaliya Hamlin||domain, Twitter||2011-07-31||2011-08-05 blog entry|
|Opensource Obscure||Second Life||~2011-07-11||[]|
|raincoaster||blog||≤2011-07-24 twice||The Google+ Situation|
|Rainyday Superstar||Banned from Google a Second Time|
|Swoopy||Robynn McCarthy||well-documented||2011-07-24||Twitter post|
- 2011-07-08 [L..T] Anti-pseudonym bingo “People testing the Google+ social network are discussing increasing evidence that, terms of service requirement or not, Google+ wants people to use their legal names much as Facebook does. Skud shares a heads-up from a user banned for using his initials. Then, for example, see discussion around it on Mark Cuban's stream, Skud's stream and Sarah Stokely's blog.” The post includes a bingo card to keep score of anti-nym arguments.
- 2011-07-11 [L..T] [[Issuepedia:Links/2011/07/12/1809|]]
- 2011-07-16 [L..T] The Google+ Controversy & Virtual Worlds – A Question Of Identity excerpt::The avalanche of news last weekend was triggered by the story that Opensource Obscure, a Second Life resident from Italy, had his profile suspended by Google+ because his name "violated community standards." This was followed by reports of the accounts of Second Life users being culled, much in the same fashion as had happened at Facebook weeks ago.
- 2011-07-22T18:18:00 [L..T] I've been suspended from Google+ Skud summarizes the circumstances of her suspension from Google+, including her prior employment at Google and arguments in favor of pseudonymity.
- 2011-07-24 [L..T] Does Google+ hate women?
- 2011-07-25 [L..T] Google's gormless 'no pseudonym' policy lead paragraph::A week ago, I was stunned to discover that my entire Google account -- gmail, reader, blogger, Google documents, YouTube, Google Plus (G+), etc. -- was suddenly suspended because their system "perceived a violation."
- 2011-07-25 [L..T] Why Google+'s 'real name' policy is so flawed
- 2011-07-27 [L..T] Why it Matters: Google+ and Diversity
- 2011-07-29T13:57:00 [L..T] Google is gagging user advocates