Overviewracist fears to the surface, a fact which the McCain campaign appears to have encouraged covertly while overtly disavowing (and on at least one occasion discouraging) it.
Despite the documented existence of this racism, however, many McCain supporters dismiss Obama for supposedly "playing the race card" when he attempts to address it as an issue.
 Filed Links
 version 2
- 2009-09-18 [Talk|Index] Obama as witch doctor: Racist or satirical? § “Posters portraying President Obama as a witch doctor may be racist, organizers of Tea Party protests say, but they reflect anger about where he is leading the country.”
- 2009-04-30 [Talk|Index] The Far Right's First 100 Days: Shifting Into Overdrive § “Somewhere back in February, about three weeks into the Obama Administration, everybody on the left suddenly noticed that there was something different going on with the conservatives. The outrageous screeds and paranoid delusions sounded pretty much as they always had -- but there was a new fury behind them, a strident urgency that hadn't been there before, and a very audible shift of the gears in right-wing behavior and rhetoric.”
- 2008-10-28 [Talk|Index] US says it disrupted plot to kill Barack Obama § “US authorities have arrested two white supremacists for threatening to kill Democrat Barack Obama as part of a "killing spree"" of African-Americans, court records released today showed.”
- 2008-10-13 [Talk|Index] Misconceptions of Obama fuel Republican campaign - 13 Oct 08 § Republican supporters at a Palin rally in Ohio believe that black people will "take over" if Obama is elected, and that he thinks white people are trash.
- 2008-10-03 [Talk|Index] Florida teacher uses 'N' word against Obama § “A Florida middle school teacher asked his students what "change" stood for in relation to the Obama campaign and proceeded to write out the acronym "come help a nigger get elected."”
- 2007-02-21 [Talk|Index] FOX ATTACKS OBAMA §