- link: http://www.ajc.com/news/jaywalkers-take-deadly-risks-527488.html
- title: Jaywalkers take deadly risks
- Pedestrians make life, death decisions to cross suburbs
- type: in-depth
- when: 2:48 pm May 14, 2010
- source: Atlanta Journal-Constitution
- author: Ralph Ellis
- summary: Jaywalkers have migrated to the suburbs. They venture across four- to eight-lane roads, often not using crosswalks, pausing on the raised medians or the middle “suicide lanes” to look for a break in traffic as cars whiz by. Sometimes the crossings end tragically, as it did last month for a young mother who watched her 4-year-old son killed in the road.
- topics: jaywalking Raquel Nelson homicide conviction public transportation bus stops blame the victim blogosphere bad design pedestrian fatalities
The article mentions another case in which the victim's mother was blamed.
|2011/07/27/1058/link||18 July 2011||Prosecuting the victim, absolving the perpetrators|
- 2011-07-18 [L..T] Prosecuting the victim, absolving the perpetrators This is an advocacy blog, but typically we’re rather measured in our tone. Sometimes, however, we see something so utterly outrageous, so emblematic of the failure of our current transportation system, that 'measured' just won’t cut it.